Bowling Evolution Forum

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - Planning & Status of Bowling Evolution version 1.10

Planning & Status of Bowling Evolution version 1.10

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,

here is some info about the upcoming 1.10 version of Bowling Evolution. Input is very welcome, we can adjust accordingly!

Current plan of to-be-implemented changes:

- support for downloading and selecting between official levels
- support for downloading latest language versions

Already implemented changes:

- physics engine major version update
- changes to physics, aiming for more realism (ongoing)
cool can you also help me how to decorate my own alley my pins and my balls like the twisted fury complete NV and other balls that are cool
1 suggestion I have is about how the oil transitions in the game.

It would be nice if the oil would break down more then it has carry down. By the 5th frame ill throw in same spot and ill miss headpin right.

I know there is carry down in bowling but you usually worry about the lanes drying up then carry down, and I never see the lanes dry up at all.

high series: 792 ( 244, 280, 268 )
high games-300! (01/31/09 I was 15) 278(3 times), 279(18 times)

My Gear-
Hammer: BW Sting
Ebonite: Evolve
Ebonite: Bash
Ebonite: Total Nv
Ebonite: Raid
Ebonite: Striking Motion
Ebonite: Playmaker
Ebonite: Maxim Capt Fireball
@bowlerboi

Drying/Carrydown seems to be based on the friction factor/length somehow. I've had a lot of breakdown using balls that have less length, seems to be more carrydown when using longer length and less friction.

---- Bag (Descending order of boards covered) ----

C300 Ego (Kept at 800 Grit to burn up floods)
Roto Grip Rogue Cell
C300 Perfect Rival
C300 Freeze (5.5 x 4 - Long and angular)
C300 Freeze (2.5 x 2.5 - Much smoother)
C300 Jazz
Hello Kitty Viz-A-Ball <3
I want to start off by saying that I really appreciate the development that has gone into making this game one of the best bowling simulators around. I am a big fan of the first-person perspective, and the physics engine has come a long way from those BE 1.04 versions! That being said, there are three areas of potential improvement that I believe would substantially increase both the realism and appeal of this game to potential buyers.

The first area centers in on the graphics of the game. Compared to most other video games being released today, the graphics of this game look very bland and dated. And to add to this, the game’s bowling alley hasn’t changed in appearance since the initial beta releases. I would really appreciate if you could rebuild a more life-like looking bowling alley with higher polygon counts and better lighting. This would really make the game feel more real. Or, if possible, maybe you could even redo the game on a different graphics engine that supports the newest, lifelike technologies such as HDR and bloom?

The second area is the audio. Most of the sounds in the game, such as the ball rolling on the lane and the bowling pins hitting each other, just don’t sound right. They have a very plasticy, thin sound that doesn’t sound like real bowling pins. It would be sweet if you could replace the game’s WAV files with actual bowling ball and bowling pin sounds that would be used in the game.

This final suggestion is just a quick idea I had. It would be really cool if you could join an online bowling match and be able to watch other players’ matches in adjacent lanes while bowling.

Thanks for reading all this and hopefully you might be able to implement some of these changes in future releases! And, I eagerly await the new physics engine in 1.10.
Two suggestions I have...

1) We should be able to play on a pair of lanes. The oil pattern should be able to be set differently on each if the user wants to, and if you really want to get into detail, maybe even if the same pattern is set there can be small differences in each lane to make it more realistic/challenging for the bowler.

2) When you start a new game, you should have the option of continuing on the same lane/pair of lanes that you bowled on previously. This would keep the same breakdown that already happened in the previous game and when you're playing in leagues/tournaments it should force this to happen. This would make it more realistic as players would have to continue adjusting to breakdown through an entire league or tournament session.

And that's my two cents. Great job so far though :)

---- Bag (Descending order of boards covered) ----

C300 Ego (Kept at 800 Grit to burn up floods)
Roto Grip Rogue Cell
C300 Perfect Rival
C300 Freeze (5.5 x 4 - Long and angular)
C300 Freeze (2.5 x 2.5 - Much smoother)
C300 Jazz
Hello Kitty Viz-A-Ball <3
for those of you that don't get it....if oil carries down where does it come from? duh! the front! and when you take that oil down the lane whats left on the front? less oil. so in conclusion the fronts hook and the back ends get tighter. thats how it is in this game and real life. trust me. i carry i higher real life avg then on this game.

My ball arsenal is too large to name them all. theres 20-25 i think. i donate like 3-4 a yr to jr leagues once im done with them.

Sanctioned by the ABC or USBC

High Series: 869 Yeah for real. 300-300-269 April 29th. 2004
High Game: 300 (19)
Total 800's: 8 (869,857,835,834,814,805,802,800)

For those of you that my be skeptical about my scores , just go to bowl.com and enter member number 719-6926. its all there in my career achievements
More than anything, the biggest suggestion I would have is that the ball doesn't flare at all. The ball continues to revolve on the same axis the whole way down the lane, and the ball never gets into a roll.

Now, I'm not suggesting that we see flare rings on the bowling ball, but the idea here is that the bowling ball gets into its natural axis, where the ball begins to roll. The fact that the ball continues to hook even through the pin deck is the primary cause for all of the 9-pins that people seem to leave. The roll will increase deflection, and the 5-pin will be able to take out the 9 instead of just being chopped off. In fact, I've even seen the ball hook so much through the pin deck that it slides the 5 in FRONT of the 9, even when you're in the pocket.

I almost exclusively throw plastic in this game anymore, because the ball doesn't go bonkers on the backend, and I've had good results. I just think that some increased deflection with more backend roll rather than hook would help carry immensely.

Otherwise, I look forward to the new version!
Easy, but may be useful.
When we start a game, allow us to choose 2 balls (strike ball, and spare ball) and allow us to assign a hotkey to change between them.

Also,
playing on the same lane can sometimes be boring :P, as the poster above me says, different oil patterns on those lanes would be great.
« Last edit by Xeph on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:07 pm. »
i think you should go back to the original way of putting configurations for the balls instead of the new way i think it would be awesome to bowl on two lanes i also think u should move the walls forward and the gutters a little more shallow so we can get more messengers and light hits in the game and try to find out how to get those nines to go down easier.

P.S : should also be free such as the other ones beta 1 and so and so.
I like the idea of having to pay to play online, however I believe it would be better in a few ways if...

1. You let online play be completely free
2. Charged people for each online tournament that they enter.
3. Possibly award online or irl prizes for winners of the tournaments to generate more players.

I feel that everyone should be able to play online with a friend or something, but that players wishing to enter a tournament would need to pay.

Arsenal:
Storm Virtual Gravity
Storm Rapid Fire Pearl *NEW*
Columbia 300 White Dot

Shoes:
New Dexter SST8's
Ever considered spinner or UFO bowling? its quite popular in asia and i think if u could create pin physics for spinners this game would be very popular among asians. heres a video reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6007-sRsfE&feature=PlayList&p=B926183D6CA560E4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8
Hey I know what you mean I do that a lot in bowling as I still haven't got my first hooking ball yet.

You can do that in the game by right-clicking and spinning.

A little side note to the devs though is that it should be x-axis spin not z-axis.
Mario wrote
Hey I know what you mean I do that a lot in bowling as I still haven't got my first hooking ball yet.

You can do that in the game by right-clicking and spinning.

A little side note to the devs though is that it should be x-axis spin not z-axis.

No i mean the way the pins react when hit by a ball spinning on a z axis. even if u hit straight in the middle there would be no splits but maybe single pins or even a strike. there shouldnt be any 2 or 3 pin leaves.
« Last edit by spinnerz on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:17 am. »

Page: 1

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - Planning & Status of Bowling Evolution version 1.10

Bowling Evolution Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software