Bowling Evolution Forum

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - Candlepin Version?

Candlepin Version?

Page: 1

Author Post
To the developers, is it possible to create a candlepin bowling version? In Candlepin you throw 3 balls per frame (the scoring is the same, if you knock all 10 pins down in 3 balls its scored simply as a 10) and the deadwood is left on the lane to help (or hinder) your next throw. Now, the first try at it doesnt have to have those changes. Just changing the pin shape and ball size would be good enough just to see how it plays. There has never been a candlepin video game, and Im sure most Candlepin bowlers would JUMP at the chance at paying $10-15 for the game. (I just bought the full version yesterday)

If it can be done, I'd definitely spread the word to everyone I know and on Candlepin bowling forums that I'm a member of. I know they'd be very excited!

Just to help you out, the balls are 4.5" in diameter and the pins are 15.75 Inches tall. 3 inches wide in the middle tapering to roughly 2" at the ends with a red stripe in the middle of the pin. There are a lot of Candlepin videos on youtube if you want to check them out to get a real life view of what the pins and balls look like.

Hope to hear back soon!
Nick
« Last edit by Candlepin_man on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm. »
Yeah, I noticed that. Oh well. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. There just has never been a Candlepin game before, and I'd like to see it done. The market for it, may be a bit small, Just the east coast of the US and Canada, but I'm sure most of the Candlepin bowlers who are computer users would buy it up in an instant.
I went candlepin bowling before, i've looked for games of that style, maybe if we go into the configurations, maybe we can change it.

Sport Average: 180
House Average: 208
-High Score: 300 (x2)
-High Series: 780 (268, 279, 233)

Arsenal:
Storm: IQ tour (Pearl, Solid)
Storm: Marvel
Storm: Marvel Pearl (300 Ball)
Storm: Virtual Gravity (x2) (16, 15)
Storm: Frantic
Storm: Lucid
RotoGrip: Outlaw
RotoGrip: Bandit
Ebonite: Source
Hammer: Brick
Hammer: Midnight Vibe
Hammer: Blue Hammer
I hate the 7pin :evil:

Page: 1

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - Candlepin Version?

Bowling Evolution Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software