Bowling Evolution Forum

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - No Development?

No Development?

Page: < 1 2

Author Post
Would it be possible to integrate a controller with analog sticks as a control scheme option? I would much rather play using my XBox controller vs. my wireless trackpad since I won't lose input signal when Trying to apply spin or accuracy to my shots.
Tomi: No I'm doing sciences, probably biochemistry but I'm undecided. :)
Hello guys, I'm sorry to inform you that we haven't had time to start working on new version of BE. We got a very good publishing partner for Javelin Masters and thus we are 100% committed to development of Javelin Masters 2.

We may return to this after we have released JM2 but don't hold your breath. I'm sorry for the bad news! :|
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :( Thank you for letting us know.
Time passes quickly, lives and prioritys change. Thanks for all the fun BE brought me back in the days and best of luck to you guys with your new projects.
...and a big thanks to you Vankis! It has been great to have you here. :)

Actually I'm happy to tell you guys that our priorities have changed: we are working on a new multi platform bowling game. We have been working on it since early spring and we are trying to get a working alpha "out" as soon as possible. I haven't posted about it here earlier because I wanted to have something ready this time and not give false promises. ;)

The game is made with Unity. It already has great physics, real time online game, etc... but there is quite a long way to go before we can show the alpha to you. Maybe a few months or so, give or take. Here is a screenshot of the development version, so that you believe me ;D

User posted image
« Last edit by Tomi on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 pm. »
I'll add that you old school Bowling Evolution guys will get VIPs to the new game if interested!! :D We'll also compensate to people who have bought Bowling Evolution, so they will get freebies when we start this new beast! :)

We will be releasing first to Windows and probably Mac OS-X. Next Android and iOS mobile... :)
« Last edit by Tomi on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 pm. »
WOW!!!!!

I can't believe it... you came back to give us an update!

This is amazing news.

If you need any beta testers... I'll throw my name into the hat.

Other than this board, are there any other places that you are discussing the new game?

Send me a message if you think I can help out in any way.

I'm still playing BE every day. I can never get enough. :)

Hope to hear more news soon.

-Chico
It looks amazing, can't wait to try it!

I hope it will also have a good degree of customizability and reasonable purchases. From the screenshot it appears to be a bit more casual but I hope it can appeal to casual gamers and hardcore bowling fans alike.
Thanks! We'll make alpha available as soon as possible, so that you people can start playing and we can start getting valuable feedback. But we need to have some more features ready, so that it's not just endless games of ten pin. :)

We are aiming to make the game easier to approach than Bowling Evolution. It should be easy to start with but hard to master. I hope we can create a game that will appeal to casual gamers and bowling fans alike. :)
Online multiplayer with chat. The design is such that 1 to 4 players can play together on one lane, so if there's 3 lanes in a hall, max 12 people can be in that hall at one time and see each other's actions.

Chat messages are visible to everyone in the hall but you can easily see if a message is coming from another lane or not.

User posted image
« Last edit by Tomi on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm. »
how is the control scheme? is it similar to the one in BE (with all the rotation axes) or is it touch/swipe-based? Nearly every mobile bowling game uses a swipe throwing system, but it can be sloppy on a non-touchscreen platform, unless it's like the one used in Gutterball 2 or Skyworks Bowling. I would hope for some flexibility in the controls. What is the white rectangle on the right?

Also I think 3 lanes does look a little strange since bowling lane systems are usually built in pairs.
Control scheme is pretty similar to BE. The biggest change is addition of release timing: the player needs to click to release the ball at the right time. Release too early and you'll have a low throw. Too late release will give you a high throw. Both mistakes also decrease throw accuracy. Correct timing is communicated to player with crosshair animation while running.

Rectangle on the right is a placeholder for throw speed selector. We'll have different halls and in them we can have different amounts of lanes.
Pls work on BE
Hi SpinXP and thanks for your interest! We have resumed working on the new bowling game quite a while ago again and we have most features working very nicely now. At the moment we are finalizing stuff for local playing and developing the online side...

Soon we'll be looking for a couple of real world bowling gurus to tune the physics with us. We'll post more details soon! :)

User posted image User posted image User posted image User posted image User posted image User posted image
Awesome news, Tomi. I can't wait to experience it. :)

I'll check back here for your updates.

Page: < 1 2

Bowling Evolution Forum - Development - No Development?

Bowling Evolution Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software