Bowling Evolution Forum

Bowling Evolution Forum - Bowling - The tournament coming up...

The tournament coming up...

Page: 1

Author Post
I am soon to bowl in a tournament in june where you only use 1 ball (for strikes and spares).

Seeing as most people in England use a spare ball with the same release (what I have seen almost everywhere i go) if i can pick up my spares i have a shot as i can throw the ball dead strait end over end.

A few details are:
-the avalanche pearl is the tournament ball (we get to keep it after the tournament)
-it will be six games qualifying top 16 go into best of 3 match play and it continues in that format (as far as I know)

seeing as the ball is the avalanche pearl that is a plus as I already have the solid

What mindset, game plan etc. should i go in with?
high series - 627(203,210,214)
equipment :-
-Storm attitude shift
-Brunswick avalanche pearl
-Brunswick Target Zone
« Last edit by ChipmunkBowl on Sat May 09, 2009 2:39 pm. »
Where is this tournament? It shouldnt be that hard. As long as you can throw it straight on command like you said. If it is a house shot, should be no problem at all. Whatever your house shot average is, that is all you should expect. Also depends on what type of bowlers these are, and handicap or scratch, etc etc. 190s sounds pretty good if i were to take a guess
scratch and we don't know the pattern...
I think i'm at a slight advantage as it is in my home house so i know how the lanes will play...
my problem is my spare game isn't the strongest it's what is holding me back to a 160 average from getting into the 190s 200s

and the tournament is in lakeside superbowl peterborough
-Storm attitude shift
-Brunswick Target Zone
« Last edit by ChipmunkBowl on Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 pm. »
Do you have to use the Avalanche pearl or is it awarded?

Arsenal:
Storm Virtual Gravity
Storm Rapid Fire Pearl *NEW*
Columbia 300 White Dot

Shoes:
New Dexter SST8's
given it at start of tourney
-Storm attitude shift
-Brunswick Target Zone
sounds like it will probably be a house shot. just go in and bowl your normal part of the lane where you would be with the other avalanche, and adjust off of it. It shouldnt be too huge of a difference.
Just remember, it's a scratch tournament. This will most certainly be a learning experience, as it should be. No matter what happens, don't be discouraged by your results. You're young, and you've got plenty of time to learn.

That being said, in the beginning, try making a parallel move to the right and try playing the outside part of the lane. The Avalanche Pearl goes very long by nature, and hearing how you've had some recent troubles hooking the ball, it'll help you create some angle into the pocket.

Don't do too much to the ball. Let it naturally roll off your hand and let your fingers naturally rotate around the ball. Let it do the work. Remember, less is more. Look how effortless it is for Tommy Jones to get to 500+ RPMs. You don't have to be some crank monster in this game today. These bowling balls are "juiced." It's all about getting the ball from point A to point B and letting it scream on the backend.

No matter what, come away with something new. Try to learn everything you can. And above all, have fun!

Good luck!

Page: 1

Bowling Evolution Forum - Bowling - The tournament coming up...

Bowling Evolution Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software