Bowling Evolution Forum

Bowling Evolution Forum - Bowling - The One Pearl

The One Pearl

Page: 1

Author Post
This ball just changed my life... so this is what it feels like to be in love.

Decided to try it out while I had some free time, but I just went out on the lanes in street shoes...

...proceeded to shoot 269.

IMMEDIATELY went back and got my shoes. Ended up shooting 300 and 221, and I didn't move a SINGLE board the 3rd game. I wanted to see exactly how much forgiveness and room I had with this ball. If anything, the only thing I did was project the ball down the lane just a little bit more.

790 in street shoes the first game and not moving a single board the 3rd game. The ball was absolutely magical. It hit harder than anything I've thrown in a long time. I honestly felt like Tommy Jones out there.

I haven't felt this way since I first got my Spit Fire...

Ah... :mrgreen:
Thats pretty cool. You know, when they first released this, and the original one again, i thought that line may have a chance and they might start making new ones. Maybe thats one thing that ebonites doing since they are stopping half of their entire line. Ive always thought that the one series was great, every ball i had in that series was awsome. And even tommy jones said in that 10 questions thing on pba.com that his favorite ball of all time is the one, just because he won so many events with it and just dominated with it. Thats great on recent success though. From what ive seen, it looks like its a great ball.

Ebonite - Pin Slasher
Roto Grip - Cell, Cell Pearl, Rogue Cell
Storm - Virtual Gravity, Rapid Fire, Second Dimension, Tropical Storm

House shot average - 227
PBA experience average - 188
High game - 300
« Last edit by Um....... on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:11 pm. »
I just used my new Strom Gravity Shift today and that thing just puneshes the pins. I carryed 2 4 pins, a 2-8 and a 2-4-8. It goes very long and backends like carzy if you have lots of revs. I really dries up the lanes a lot more then my Mystic. As high as my rev rate is, all my Mystic does is push oil down the lane. I never use to burn up the lane. My teamate Frank bowled with his plastic spare ball the entire 3rd game because there was so much friction built up from the Garvity Shift. I was shocked with the results. I shot 229 263 and 234 today. The only problems ran into when hitting the pocket were a couple of stone 9's. Other then that they all go down cause the thing hits so hard. I can't remember the last time i bowled this consistant. I know exactly how you feel Korean2908.
PBA Experiance League High Series:560 (201 169 190)
House League Avg:206
PBA Experiance League Ave:164
Arsenal:
Strom Garvity Shift 1500-Grit Polished
Brunswick Twisted Fury Resurfaced and Dulled 1000-grit wet sand for long patterns.
SpareBall: Brunswick Pepsi Viz (Polyester)
« Last edit by iMPACT! on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:00 pm. »
I threw my Virtual Gravity last night shot 616 and never moved also in those three games I carried the 7-10 six times the 2-8 the 4 pin twice as well as the 4-7-10 it was insane trust me when I say this is the best ball on the market right now and the strongest ball I have EVER thrown and i have thrown some strong equipment.
High Sport Series:799(Scorpian)
Arsenal:Storm Hy-Road Pearl, Tropical Breeze Hybrid, Hy-Road, and either and Storm Reign, Thunderstruck Pearl or Virtual Gravity
I WILL know exactly how you feel once I get my damn Rapid Fire Pearl hahaha.

BTW do you know where to find a good 15lb Spit Fire nowadays?

Arsenal:
Storm Virtual Gravity
Storm Rapid Fire Pearl *NEW*
Columbia 300 White Dot

Shoes:
New Dexter SST8's
BeatdownT wrote
I WILL know exactly how you feel once I get my damn Rapid Fire Pearl hahaha.

BTW do you know where to find a good 15lb Spit Fire nowadays?

You can always try bowlers dream.com or any other ball selling site with the exception of bowlers paradise cause they are always up to date
High Sport Series:799(Scorpian)
Arsenal:Storm Hy-Road Pearl, Tropical Breeze Hybrid, Hy-Road, and either and Storm Reign, Thunderstruck Pearl or Virtual Gravity
I have checked lots and lots of sites. They all have the spit fire, sadly though none of them have a 15lber....

Arsenal:
Storm Virtual Gravity
Storm Rapid Fire Pearl *NEW*
Columbia 300 White Dot

Shoes:
New Dexter SST8's
lol you may have just convinced me to get a new ball man!
I picked one up, I have a tournament coming up this Saturday. (teams) I threw it on some slop and didnt have much success. I think i went 187, 208,208. But like i said, the shot was torn so i am not so quick to judge, I will let you know how i feel this saturday!
The One Pearl would not work at my house. The manager said the backends are soft right now. The One Pearl would want to go too long and not recover to the pocket especially if you like hooking the ball. However it helps with holding pocket.
PBA Experiance League High Series:560 (201 169 190)
House League Avg:206
PBA Experiance League Ave:164
Arsenal:
Strom Garvity Shift 1500-Grit Polished
Brunswick Twisted Fury Resurfaced and Dulled 1000-grit wet sand for long patterns.
SpareBall: Brunswick Pepsi Viz (Polyester)

Page: 1

Bowling Evolution Forum - Bowling - The One Pearl

Bowling Evolution Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software